Historic Abuse Claims

How can we help you?

Your enquiry will be reviewed with no obligation.

Historic Abuse Claims

Fentons Solicitors has a department dedicated to helping survivors of child abuse claim for compensation. Whether the abuse has taken place in schools, care homes, the church or other institutions, or whether the abuse was recent or historic, our specialist team can help you.

We understand the delicate nature of claims brought by victims of sexual or physical abuse, and how important it is to be able to talk about your case in confidence to people who are experienced in dealing with such matters sensitively and discreetly. We also understand that it can take many years for people abused in childhood to have the strength and courage to come forward and tell someone about their experiences.

Our vastly experienced team of solicitors has successfully pursued civil claims for compensation against religious organisations, local authorities, sports organisations, private schools, care organisations and abusers themselves. Wherever possible, we have negotiated a settlement for damages without the need for claimants to attend court. In addition to obtaining compensation for the psychological harm suffered as a result of the abuse, we also seek to recover the cost of any therapy you may have already had, or might require in the future.

The specialist abuse solicitors at Fentons are members of the Association of Child Abuse Lawyers, the organisation set up in 1997 for the benefit of victims, lawyers, experts and other professionals involved in the field of obtaining compensation for children and adults abused in childhood.

In addition to making a civil claim, you may also be able to make an application to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA), a fund set up by the government to compensate victims of violent crimes, including sexual abuse. Click here for more details about CICA claims. Our expert lawyers will be able to give you all the information and advice you might need in relation to both types of claim.

How can Fentons help?
We will never rush you or put you under any pressure to pursue a claim. If you would like to talk about your case in confidence, then please contact us on freephone 0800 019 1297.

Alternativelyif you think you have a case, or require further assistance with your abuse compensation claim or any other personal injury claims, you can always fill in the brief the abuse compensation questionnaire.

How can Fentons help?

We will never rush you or put you under any pressure to pursue a claim. If you would like to talk to one of our experts in confidence then please contact us.