Paralysed motorcyclist in Highgate Hill collision witness appeal

How can we help you?

Your enquiry will be reviewed with no obligation.

Paralysed motorcyclist in Highgate Hill collision witness appeal

22nd March 2012

A 47-year-old Colindale man is appealing for witnesses to come forward following the collision which has left him unlikely to ever walk again.

Father-of-two Trevor Farquharson, of Booth Road, was left paralysed from the chest down after being knocked from his motorcycle whilst on his way home from East London. The incident occurred on Highgate Hill, near Highgate tube station, at around 7:15pm on Wednesday 15 February 2012.

Joanna Bailey, a road traffic collisions expert at Fentons Solicitors LLP, is representing Mr Farquharson. “We now urgently need anyone who may have witnessed the incident to come forward,” said Miss Bailey, a partner with the firm. “Trevor was incredibly lucky he wasn’t killed, but he has sustained multiple life-changing catastrophic injuries.

“He remembers little about the incident itself, and we desperately need to piece together exactly what happened. Trevor recalls that he was heading north towards the A406 on Highgate Hill,” said Miss Bailey. “From the information we have gathered so far, we believe that Trevor was then struck by one or more vehicles.”

Mr Farquharson’s next memory is of waking up in the intensive care unit at the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel, having suffered horrific injuries including a snapped spinal column and a broken neck. In addition, he snapped his vertebrae in three places and suffered four broken ribs on each side of his chest as well as a broken left wrist.

“We know the evening was dry and that Highgate Hill is very well lit,” said Miss Bailey. “Trevor was driving a distinctive red and black Honda CBR 400S with a modified fitted exhaust which is extremely loud. The incident occurred near Highgate tube station, where we believe there must have been people who saw what happened. We are now anxious to trace anyone who witnessed the incident or was at the scene immediately afterwards, as they could have vital information to help us determine what happened.

“Trevor has no sensation from the chest downwards, he is in considerable pain and he is unlikely to ever walk again,” added Miss Bailey. “Doctors have told him that had the break in his spinal column occurred only one inch higher he would also have lost all sensation in his arms. He is waiting to be transferred to Stanmore Hospital in Middlesex where his needs can be assessed, but he is clearly going to need significant care and support to aid his recovery.”

Miss Bailey said her client had been a fitness instructor for University College London Union for the last nine years and led a very active and sporty life. “Trevor loved working out and being with his two sons,” she said. “He is obviously completely devastated and particularly upset about how his injuries may affect his relationships with his children. If anyone was on Highgate Hill that evening and witnessed the incident, then please do get in touch.”

Can you help?If you remember seeing the incident on Highgate Hill, London at around 7:15pm on Wednesday 15 February 2012, please contact Joanna Bailey at Fentons Solicitors LLP on 0207 092 2808 or e-mail All information will be treated in the strictest confidence, and any detail could be hugely important to this case.