How can we help you?
Your enquiry will be reviewed with no obligation.
Family "disappointed" after inquest into carbon monoxide death
A verdict of accidental death was recorded at the jury inquest into the death of Arthur Ebirim on Wednesday (5 June), at North-West Kent Coroner’s Court.
The court had heard how Mr Ebirim tragically died as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning whilst at work on 28 October 2011. It is believed Mr Ebirim, who was 45, turned a generator on to keep warm, but that the generator was positioned in such a way that the carbon monoxide fumes it produced filled the office he was working in.
After the hearing, Etala Anderson of Fentons Solicitors LLP, representing Mr Ebirim’s wife, Anita, issued the following statement:
“Mrs Ebirim and her family are very disappointed that they were denied the opportunity to question witnesses today, particularly those from the company who were responsible for Mr Ebirim’s welfare whilst he was at work,” she said.
“They do not consider that the hearing was fair, or that they were able to participate fully.”
Mrs Anderson said Mr Ebirim was a wonderfully kind husband and father who was very much loved by all who knew him. “Mrs Ebirim said her husband would do anything for anybody, and only ever wanted to do well at his job so that he could support his family and see his three young children grow up happily,” she said.
“There are simply no words to describe the pain that Mrs Ebirim and her young family have all suffered since that day,” she added. “As we consider our next course of action, it would be inappropriate to offer any further comment and we would request that the media respect the family’s privacy at this time.”
- Speak to a solicitor from day one
- No win, no fee
- Specialist personal injury solicitors
- Law Society accredited
- National Coverage
Latest Case Studies